Monday, April 30, 2007

4/29

4/29

Whew! I'm knackered like cream crackers. Today -- well, let me back up to last night for a sec.

We went to Amigo's, a mostly expat restaurant/bar. Mexican food & Bintangs (the local Budweiser) all 'round. They had a live band, which was pretty decent (Well, as decent as Indonesians singing Jimmy Buffett & La Bamba can be!). And then they played "Leaving on a Jet Plane" and I broke down. I had to excuse myself. Meta saw, & looked concerned. Apart from that, a good evening overall. The 2nd band sang more upbeat, contemporary stuff like Shakira.

I woke up this morning around 4:30, just in time for the morning prayers, Actually, it was the cat who had snuck into the kitchen that woke me up. It was making this awful sound, like a dying bird, or a baby. Strange thing about the cats here, they are all regarded like vermin. And almost all of them have really short tails, like they had been bobbed off.

...

So today we went to a wedding (actually, just the reception) of one of the former office girls @ EF. I was for sure the tallest & whitest person there, and there were @ least 1,500 people there. There was a LOT of food, and I tried to sample as much as I could. Everything was delicious. Lots of photo ops as well.

After that, Meta drove us to Pondok Indah. Big mall, lots of shops. Too bad I still haven't gone to the money changer. I got an iced coffee drink with Felix & Sheley. Felix is cool, he's from Colorado. Sheley's a hot ticket. Too bad she's ultra religious & a prude lol. Felix says they've been wearing her down. Saw a little of the Red Sox game vs. the Yankees. Wakefield was pitching, I think? Came home and crashed. Teaching tomorrow, so I gotta get some SLEEP. I predict I'm gonna wake up ~ 5:30. We'll see, it's been an hour later every night. I gotta go to bed, even tho it's only 8:30. Nite!

No comments: