Tuesday, August 28, 2007

8/28

Hey all, it's Monday evening, and i'm at home, watching movies. I went to Poins Square last night and got a boatload of pirated movies. I saw Superbad, by the same guys that did The 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up, and I gotta tell you, it was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I Also saw Delta Farce, with Larry the Cable Guy, which was utter crap. It's a good thing they only cost about $0.75 a movie, or otherwise I'd be really upset that I paid so much for it, along with another crapfest, Hot Rod, Andy Samberg's attempt at a movie.

So last week we had the Independence Day Games, and I was co-emcee. We had a cracker eating competition, spoon and marble race, and a game where a pencil is tied to your waist, and you have to try and get it into a bottle on the ground. It was good fun, and all the kids enjoyed it. On Thursday, I started feeling sick, and by Sunday I was coughing up hunks of something scary. I also lost my sense of smell for the day, which was kind of strange. I could taste salty and sweet and stuff, but no flavors, very weird. I started opening up bottles of mustard and stuff, but nothing, everything smelled like Styrofoam.

So today I went to the hospital, had a checkup, and got a prescription for some pills. I never really get sick, but since I've been here, I dunno. It could be the pollution, or the appalling lack of hygiene everywhere, or both, I dunno. I know I tend to ramble a lot, but I think this is the only creative outlet I get to express myself through.

My classes are going pretty smoothly, but once in a while, you give your students a test and then wonder where you failed as a teacher when you grade them. So Meta is leaving at the end of the week, and Felix won't be back until the middle of next month, which means there will be no Director of Studies for that period. Guess who was picked to fill in until then?! She's been really impressed with me so far, and I am also going to be the project manager for EF's annual Spelling Bee, so I have to plan for that.

So the pills seem to be working, I'm less congested and don't feel like death anymore. I will catch ya later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to know that you are feeling better. Can't wait to hear about the spelling bee!! Hopefully you will use words that actually sound like they are spelled. Take care....love mom

Dave said...

Hey what's up? Dave here... man you're living in posh compared to my stint in Africa! It's good to see that you are doing something wicked cool and enjoying it, too. We'll have to keep in touch and trade sickness stories man haha.

-dave munsell
check out my blog...
daveinmali.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sounds like work is going well, that's great, sorry you're having health issues.
We had the Dragon Boat races yesterday and they were awesome. I'll be sending you some t-shirts.
Take care, MS