Tuesday, June 26, 2007

6/26

6/26

Ok, I'm in an internet cafe on my way to work, and it's painfully slow, but I gotta update this every once in a while, so I'll talk about the weekend. On Saturday, after my class, my boss took me out to the Shangri-La Hotel and we had lunch at the Satoo Restaurant. It was a great international buffet, all types of food, British, Indo, sushi, Indian, Chinese... After lunch, she dropped me off at Plaza Senayan, and I walked around the mall for a bit. They just opened up a Coach store, so I browsed a bit, mostly women's stuff, I wanted a tie from there...

Felix SMS'ed me and said they were going to a nice Indian place for dinner later, so I hung out in the mall for a while, got the new peterpan CD (Indo pop) and then hopped a cab to Hazara. I had a Mojito at the bar while waiting for them to arrive, and then we ordered dinner. We had all types of curries, samosas, it was great. Not cheap, tho, it ended up being about $25/person. Felix was leaving the next morning to go to Yogya on vacation, so he hopped a cab home, and Sheley, David and I took a taxi to Kemang.

We ended up going to this bar called The Rock Cafe, it was about 9 when we got there. The cover kinda stung, Rp. 75,000, but included a drink, and a live show. The opening band was a group called Snow White, a couple of amateur girls singing cover songs. The guitarist was amazing, tho, He played a perfect version of "Sweet Child O' Mine". The main band finally took stage around 11:30, "Dewi Dewi", a band I'd never heard of, but they're apparently pretty popular here. It was 3 women singing pop music (kinda like Gwen Stefani now). It was about 2:30 when we left, and we each had about 5 beers over the night, so we were a little buzzed. We got a taxi driver who kept talking to us in Indonesian, and I think I was the only one who knew what he was saying.

(Oh, ha ha! They are playing Dewi Dewi on the internet cafe's radio!)

Well, that's about it fer now. Talk to ya later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you re getting pretty comfortable now. That's great.
We all really appreciate your blog.
We have a hash at Otis on sunday, that will be our 68th.
Take Care and stay safe.
MS