Saturday, June 9, 2007

6/9

6/9

Ok, so I'm up-to-date with this thing now, it's Saturday afternoon, and I'm in The Wiz warnet. Tuesday I went to Obonk for dinner, to give it one more shot, figuring it couldn't have been the only reason I got sick before my rafting trip to Sukabumi. I was wrong. Wednesday I came down with Suharto's Revenge, and still can't break wind without sharting. It's bad news.

Thursday I got a guitar on a whim, a Yamaha FX310, and I'm trying to learn, I had to stop for a day to let the blisters heal. Last night all the teachers went to Pondok Indah 2, and we got dinner at a Thai place, really nice, but kinda pricey. Afterwards we went to the Second Floor in Kemang, a lounge/bar. The smoke was a killer. My eyes were watering and itchy all night, and I couldn't hear for about an hour afterwards because the techno was so loud. Umm... I think that's about it, I picked up a DVD on how to play the guitar, and I'm gonna go home now and practice.

Later!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Jared,
I love to read your blog and hear about what it's like over there. It sounds like you have gotten into a good group that does a lot of stuff. Send some pics when you can. Keep up the blogging.
Fred

Anonymous said...

Jared, Your writing is really quite good. Think about writing a novel.
Have you read "The Year of Living Dangerously"?
It's the perfect book for you now.
I read it over there, it takes place at Hotel Indonesia and the surrounds. Might also try some Joseph Conrad or Somerset Maugham.
Hash on Saturday.
MS

Anonymous said...

get good at the guitar so we can jam when you get back

Aaron