Friday, June 29, 2007

6/29

6/29

Urg, *groan* I've been so sick the last few days. I ate at a Warung Tenda (food stall under a tent) about 3 days ago, and I must have picked something up. I have a low-grade fever, can't stop coughing, and am just worn out and achey. 2 Days ago I woke up and knew it was gonna be a bad day, like a premonition, you know? It was raining and I had a new class starting up, a conversation class. It went absolutely terribly. I was glad when the day was over. It was the first time since I've been here that I've been miserable.

Yesterday was ok, though. All the rain had washed the pollution out of the air, and I was able to see the mountains in Bogor. I didn't think to bring my camera. The sunset at the end of the day was pretty as well, but by then the haze was starting to come back. I don't remember eating anything all day except for some Vitamin C drink. When I got out of work, I still wasn't that hungry, but managed to eat a double cheeseburger meal from Mickey D's. Around 10 o'clock I downed half a bottle of pseudo ephedrine and passed out.

I woke up this morning around 10, had some coffee and took an ojek to Detos and got some juice and gum. I'm at the warnet now, writing this. I'm gonna get some lunch a little later and maybe some Advil for the aches and pains. I really hope that I don't have typhoid, but I wouldn't be surprised, since 3 other people here have had it.

From Wikipedia: "People with typhoid fever typically have a sustained fever as high as 40° C (104° F). They may also feel weak, or have gastroenteritis, headache, diarrhea and anorexia (loss of appetite). In some cases, patients have a rash of flat, rose-colored spots. The only way to know for sure if an illness is typhoid fever is to have samples of stool or blood tested for the presence of S. typhi.[3]"

Well, no rash yet, but all the other symptoms check out... I'll check with my boss. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jared,
Please get back to us to let us know that you are all right.
Obviously we're pretty concerned.
Dad

القمر السعودى said...

شركة تسليك مجارى بالجبيل
شركة تسليك مجارى بخميس مشيط