Tuesday, July 10, 2007

7/10

7/10

Today is Tuesday. Sunday I walked around Plaza Depok for a while, because it's right there and I haven't really checked it out yet. On the top floor is an arcade and a small bookstore. On the underground bottom floor is a music store, a Dunkin' Donuts, and supermarket (of course). Dunkin' Donuts has sandwiches, you can get either a croissant sandwich or a Boston sandwich, which is on a bulkie roll. They also just came out with a line of dark chocolate donuts. Their slogans here are "The real coffee & donuts", and "America's No. 1 Donuts"

At the supermarket, I got some fruit (passionfruit and mangosteens) and an atlas, for school. For the record, I don't understand passionfruit. You open it up, and there's a big grey ball of snot inside full of seeds. Do you eat the seeds? they're awfully crunchy. I like the mangosteens though, really sweet and creamy.




David, Megan and I went to Hanamasa in Margo City for dinner. It's a Japanese style restaurant, where you get a plate of raw meat, and cook it at your table. It was great fun, once we got the hang of it. They also had shabu-shabu, where you boil your meat in a community soup, but we didn't try that. After dinner, we saw Transformers. Great movie!! It's been in theaters for about 2 weeks already, but I just haven't had the time. The special effects and CGI are amazing.

Also, on Monday our pembantu (maid) started. She washed all the floors and dishes. Today she started on laundry. I really hate doing my own laundry, especially when there's no clothes dryer.

Ok, well I gotta head to work. Bye!

--jared

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mangosteens sound great! but i have to say after your description and that picture i'm hesitant to drink my passionfruit juice anymore... eww.

Anonymous said...

Mangosteens are probably the best fruit in the world. A chef at the Hyatt made mangosteen sherbet that he figured was the most expensive sherbet ever conceived, but probably the best.
I used to put dry ice on them and when you ate the frozen fruit, it was carbonated- awesome!
MS