Sunday, July 15, 2007

7/15

7/15

It's Sunday night, and I'm at Citos on the wireless connection. Yesterday was fun, where to begin? After my class ended, I went to the supermarket and picked up some toiletries. I was thinking of geting a new DVD player for the house because ours keeps crapping out. The average price is about $20-25 but you can get really nice ones with DVD recorders for about $320. I'm gonna keep looking around. I had a nap, then a shower, and met Felix at Timezone, the arcade in Margo City. We played a few video games with some of the receptionists at work, and at about 7, David, Megan and Chrystina showed up to go to dinner. Felix already ate, so it was just the 4 of us. We got into a Taxiku Taxi, and told him to go to Kemang. He had to stop and ask for directions at least 4 times. It was very aggravating, and the ride cost way more than it should have. His excuse was that he only knows Depok, but come on, if you drive a cab you have to know how to get around!

We got into another taxi, and within a few minutes we were in Kemang, and walked to Little Baghdad, an upscale restaurant. Appetizers were good, but I was fairly disappointed with the main course, in was bland and tough. Dessert was pretty good, I got the flan. And we shared a shisha (strawberry flavored). It was about 11pm when we left the restaurant, and we went looking for a club or bar. There wasn't much in Kemang, Chrys suggested Kelapa Gading, but we ended up at Jalan Jaksa in Jakarta. David had been there a few years ago, on vacation. It was full of foreigners, lots of Europeans and Africans. We started out in the Memories Cafe, had about half a dozen big bottles of Bintang between the 4 of us, and chilled out watching the band. Chrys pointed out the fact that 2 of the guys were dancing awfully close to each other, and looking around, I noticed a LOT of more stuff like that going on. Chrys was sure that the really tall woman was a guy, but I couldn't tell for sure. A very friendly woman, April, sat next to me and started talking to me. "Are you here alone?" Hmm...

Later, I had to use the bathroom, and another woman came up to me and asked if either of the girls I was with were girlfriends, or just friends. Hmm... Well anyways, Didi invited us to Club Absolute. Ok, this bar was even worse. It was full of guys dancing. the only women there were the bartenders, Didi, and April, who mysteriously followed us there. We had some more drinks, I had a few whiskey Cokes, and we just hung out. After about an hour, a fight broke out between a bunch of the Arabic guys there, they were throwing people down the stairs, it was quite unnerving. A bouncer came up and pulled all the guys downstairs. The cops came later, and were questioning everyone downstairs. Didi kept telling me I could stay at her place, but I graciously declined... About 3 a.m., we told her we were getting tired, and got the hell out of there.

We went a little ways up the street and found another bar, and had a few more drinks. The place closed up at about 4, and we hopped a cab home. Megan and I were having a discussion about great cartoons, and she mentioned the fact that she had brought some Animaniacs DVDs with her from the states. We got to Chrys's place, helped her up the stairs, and finally got to our place. Meg and I then had a few more beers and watched Animaniacs for about an hour. I went to sleep about 6 this morning. I finally got up at about 2 or 3 this afternoon, a little weary, but still good. David had a wicked hangover.

We went for dinner tonight at Citos, and ate at Izzy Pizza, which was awesome compared to the crap I've had recently. And now I'm here, writing this. So, I'm gonna leave it at that, have a nice day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Party on!!
Have a good time, but watch your back.
MS