Wednesday, July 4, 2007

7/4 -- Happy IndependenceDay!

7/4

Well, it's Wednesday, the 4th of July, which means nothing in Indonesia, but I still have my American pride. As I said previously, we went to the Outback on Sunday to celebrate. I am just about over my cold, but I couldn't sleep at all last night, I kept waking up with terrible cramps and the runs.

On Monday, as I was leaving for work, a man flags me down and says that our electric bill is 2 months late, and he's going to cut off the power. He said he wouldn't cut it if I paid him Rp. 50,000. Mighty suspicious, no? I was in kind of a hurry, and couldn't tell if he was bluffing, but I gave it to him and called my boss at work. She had a shouting argument over the phone with the guy, and he finally left. Well, it later turned out that yes, he got the number right, G7, but the wrong apartment complex. My boss, Meta, threatened to call the police on him, screaming, etc. Today, he came to the house with the Rp. 50,000 and offered his sincerest apologies.

Well, that's it for now, enjoy your holiday, Independence Day here isn't until the 17th of August.

--jared

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you had a good 4th even if it wasn't so big over there. i miss you and am glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're coming around, it's not nice being sick, especially that far away. The summer hash is picking up, are you going to try one there? When you feel better, it may pick up your spirits a bit.
69th airshow, full moon overnight is in a few weeks, 68-1/2 is saturday.
Take care, stay safe and healthy.
ms