Friday, May 11, 2007

5/11

5/11

Hooray for casual Fridays! So I took an ojek in today, and the driver tried to squeeze in between 2 trucks, and we nearly crashed. We ended up missing our turn, had to go on the highway, turn around, big mess. I'm very disappointed.

Last night we went to a steak restaurant, Kabonk!, I think is the name. I had the imported T-bone, which was about 2.5x the price of a local steak. Still a good deal at around $4.50 including veggies and fries. Steaks here are really thin tho, and mine came slathered in BBQ sauce, ick.

I went to Carrefour today to try and find a cable to download my pics off my CF card, and came up empty. I'm gonna try and find one at one of the bigger malls.

Ooh, so Sunday I'm going white water rafting in Sukabumi (sp?) with a couple of the teachers, should be fun. And I'm trying to look up the Betawi H3, they run on Saturdays, which is good because the Jakarta Hash only runs on Mondays, and I have classes. So I'll keep ya posted.

Catch ya later,

--jared

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's should be lots of fun! enjoy and be safe.

Alison said...

blech hashing...
Did you get my email? I'm at work & don't have messenger on here, so I couldn't talk earlier. I'll be away til tuesday, at a wedding, but if you email I might be bringing my lap top.
And chillax, I don't know what your deal is. No reason to flip out on me.