Friday, May 18, 2007

5/18

5/18

It's Friday now, I've been busy for the last few days. Yesterday was a holiday, Ascension Day. Tuesday I was in Singapore. I took Garuda, and It was fairly quick. the cab picked me up at 3 a.m., so that was not cool, but everything went pretty smooth. Mr. Almad met me at the Hilton Hotel on Orchard Road in Singapore. I handed him the passport and a few hundred bucks, and he told me to meet him back here at 4. So I ended up wandering up and down Orchard Road all day. I would have liked to have gone to the Botanical Gardens, but it was raining all day. So I spent the day in Kinokuniya and Borders, 2 book stores. I got the new Foo Fighters live CD, the new book by Chuck Palahniuk, and Battle Royale. I ended up finding a wireless internet connection, which is how I posted the last update, and was able to call home with Skype. Not much else happened that day, I went to McDonald's and had the McSpicy, and chicken sandwich that gives Wendy's a run for their money. I also got a few magazines and candy bars.

So, at 4 I get my passport back, with my work visa in it and head to the airport. I went to the wrong terminal, so I took the monorail over. Oh, when I went to the duty free store, I saw an $11,000 bottle of scotch or rum or something, I took a picture, and I'll try and upload it sometime. Oh, and $1 US = $1.50 SGD.

Well, I think that's about it. I have a party class tonight, we're all going to Zoe's for dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life seems pretty exciting compared to Barnstable Village.
We're going to RI today for Aaron's graduation.
Jonesing to hear how the H3 is.
Keep up the good work.
ms