Tuesday, May 15, 2007

5/13

5/13

Urg, my head hurts so bad... We went rafting today, left @ 8:30, it's about 10 p.m. now. I've got a low-grade fever, I can't stop urinating, and every time I drink, my stomach clenches up. I've had loads of pepto tablets, they did nothing. We stopped and got some anti-diarrheal tabs, they didn't help much. When we got to the Sundanese place @ around 11:30, I had to go, bad.

I don't recall ever using an Indonesian toilet before, so I'll tell you how to do it. You should probably first remove your pants @ etc. Squat over the porcelain hole in the floor with the water in it. Make sure the bucket @ scoop are on your right side. Squat. When you're finished, use the scoop and flush the hole. If you've gone #2, pour the water down your backside and use your left hand to rinse yourself. When you're done, rinse off the hand using the water from the scoop (don't swish your hand in the bucket, that's gross) and put your pants back on. Go outside around the corner, and hopefully there will be a sink with soap. This is why Indo's don't eat with their left hands.

I'm to worn out to continue, but we took about 3 hrs to get there, 3 hrs doing the rapids, and then had lunch @ Hotel Augusta in Palabuhan Ratu. I did not feel well at the hotel...

Here's a picture of money. The highest note in Rupiah is the 100,000 bill. $1=9,000 but don't try and break at hundred at a local vendor, they usually can't.

No comments: